Shayna DesJardin, CPA
After experience managing two therapy clinics, Shayna DesJardin made the move to public accounting by joining DZA in 2015. She helps healthcare clients navigate the complexities of the Medicare reimbursement system. Shayna also assists clients with state-specific Medicaid consulting.
Shayna is a talented cost report preparer and enjoys the strategy that goes into cost-based reimbursement. She also heads up our Community Health Centers cost reporting as well as general consulting. She loves learning new things, and her clients benefit from that.
Shayna is a repeat speaker at the DZA seminar each year, sharing her passion and knowledge.
Shayna is also involved in the community as a participant in Bloomsday and MS Walk Spokane.
B.A.S., Business Management, Peninsula College
Accounting Certificate, Whitworth University
Areas of Professional Service
- Medicare and Medicaid Cost Report Preparation
- Resident expert on Colorado FQHC cost reporting and rate setting
- Medicare and Medicaid Reimbursement Consulting
- Cost report reviews
- RHC change in scope
- Clinic analysis
- Provider enrollment
- Occupation mix survey’s
- Cost report impact analysis
- Community Health Centers
- Critical Access Hospitals
Personal and Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Washington Alaska Chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, member
- Toastmasters, member