Shar Sheaffer has over 20 years of experience assisting healthcare organizations with Medicare reimbursement issues and financial statement audits.
Shar serves as DZA’s Director of Reimbursement. Shar is skilled at identifying reimbursement opportunities and helping hospitals optimize their Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement.
She spends her time reviewing Medicare cost reports and consulting with clients on reimbursement issues.
Shar frequently speaks on reimbursement topics at HFMA and other healthcare conferences, including the annual DZA Seminar.
B.A., Accounting, Eastern Washington University
Areas of Professional Service
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement consulting
- Medicare cost report reviews
- Medicare and Medicaid cost report preparation
- Medicare cost report reopenings
- Medicare cost report appeals
- Medicaid disproportionate share (DSH)
- Medicare uncompensated care consulting
- Medicare wage index optimization
- Occupational mix optimization
- Clinic analysis
- Financial statement audits
- Provider education
- Provider enrollment
- RHC change in scope
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Rural Health Clinics
- Community Health Centers
Shar is a member and a past president of the Montana Chapter of HFMA and has received HFMA’s Founders Medal of Honor.